We offer Hospital Grade Breast pump rentals as well as a variety of pumps available for purchase. Bellies also stocks pump parts and accessories that your pump requires, such as tubing, breast shields, car attachments, cleaning tools, storage bags, etc. Come see us to determine which pump fits your needs.
The Medela® Symphony Breastpump is unique in its ability to mimic a baby’s natural breastfeeding rhythm and suction. Mothers often rent this pump when they have delivered prematurely, pump exclusively, or need to establish or increase their milk supply.
Medela® Breast Pumps feature a two-Phase Expression
Proven to feel most like a baby
Proven to achieve faster milk ejection and faster milk flow
Proven to get more milk in less time
Medela® Breast Pumps are designed to help build and maintain milk supply. Mom must buy a kit of attachments to use the rental unit. Bellies stocks most parts and kits for hospital-grade pump rentals.
Why should I rent:
- Good to rent if you have a preemie baby.
- Suggested to rent if you have a baby in the NICU
- Recommended if mom is unable to nurse at all, due to personal or medical reasons.
- Symphony = “The Ferrari of breast pumps”
Medela Symphony® PLUS™
Bellies is one of the only Certified Medela® Lactation Centers who offers the Rechargeable Symphony Plus® Breast Pump Rental. This model has a self-charging battery so user is able to pump without having to plug it in, when fully charged. Battery life usually lasts up to 2-4 pump sessions, depending on the user. A fully charged battery results in approximately 60 minutes of pumping time.
The Symphony® Breastpump
Proven to reduce pumping time
Symphony is Medela’s latest innovation in hospital-grade electric double pumps. With breakthrough 2-Phase Expression® pumping, Symphony is proven to reduce pumping time through faster let-down and milk flow. Symphony implements the results of extensive research on electric breastpumps initiated by Medela® and conducted by internationally renowned lactation researcher Peter Hartmann, Ph.D.
- More efficient than ever—automatic or manual switch to expression mode for individual performance
- Adaptable for the future—a program card supplies the necessary information for 2-Phase Expression pumping; alternate cards may be released in the future
- Clear & concise information—LCD display indicates the pumping mode, vacuum level, battery status and other handling and service information
- One-knob comfort control—one knob combines vacuum level and the number of cycles per minute in the expression mode
- Single or double pumping—switch between single and double pumping simply by applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast
Benefits of a correct fit
A correctly fitting breast shield prevents the milk ducts from being compressed, thus enabling an optimal emptying of the breast and maximum milk output when pumping. This helps mothers to maintain their milk production and supports lactation.
A breast shield in the wrong size can result in reduced milk flow because blocked milk ducts or an inhibited milk ejection can cause a reduction of the milk output. Friction around nipple and/or areola can cause discomfort and trauma and may result in a mother being unable to pump regularly. The milk production is once again endangered. A nipple trauma can lead to tissue breakdown that increases the risk of an infection and mastitis.
Criteria for a correct fit
With the following check list, a mother can easily assess whether she is using the right breast shield size. Center the nipple in the tunnel of the breast shield. Now, begin pumping and check the following points:
- Is your nipple moving freely in the tunnel?
- Is none or only very little tissue of the areola being pulled into the tunnel of the breastshield?
- Do you recognize gentle, rhythmic movements in the breast at each pump cycle?
- Do you feel the breast emptying all over?
- Is your nipple free of pain?